Monday, May 11, 2009

A photograph I like...



This is my favourite photo, is the cover of Blind Melon's album "Nico" from 1996. I don't know who took this photograph and I don't even know when and where it was taken, but I know who's the guy in the picture. He's Shannon Hoon, who was the vocalist of the band. If you look his left arm you will see a tattoo. That tattoo is a poem written by one of his ancestors in the 19th century and is part of one of their songs.

I think the photo represents calm and escape. Being more especific, it represents life's simplicity. Shannon is showing him how he really is behind the "rock n' roll mask". He's not wearing outlandish clothes, he's just wearing his ripped pants and is showing everything but his face. I think he was trying to highlight the poem, It's difficult to read it, but maybe the concept of the photo reflects better the poem or the meaning he was trying to give it.

No comments:

Post a Comment